- Changes to the adoption system so that children can be placed more quickly with prospective adopters.
- Changes to protect the welfare of vulnerable children e.g. giving those children in care the choice to stay with foster families until they are 21.
- Changes to help parents achieve a better work/life balance e.g. paid adoption leave from April 2015 and extending the right to request flexible working to all employees from 30 June 2014.
- Requiring all those who are thinking about applying to the Court in relation to money and/or children issues when they divorce or separate to attend a family mediation, Information and Assessment Meeting.
- Changes to some of the terminology the Courts use e.g. child arrangements orders.
Nov 6, 2017
A successful pilot scheme in Nottingham earlier this year tested the feasibility of moving the divorce process online.Read more »