- Changes to the adoption system so that children can be placed more quickly with prospective adopters.
- Changes to protect the welfare of vulnerable children e.g. giving those children in care the choice to stay with foster families until they are 21.
- Changes to help parents achieve a better work/life balance e.g. paid adoption leave from April 2015 and extending the right to request flexible working to all employees from 30 June 2014.
- Requiring all those who are thinking about applying to the Court in relation to money and/or children issues when they divorce or separate to attend a family mediation, Information and Assessment Meeting.
- Changes to some of the terminology the Courts use e.g. child arrangements orders.
Jan 7, 2016
People living abroad can find it difficult to access legal advice about divorce and separation and where they should start…Read more »
Oct 1, 2015
If your financial case is decided by a Judge and you are unhappy with the decision, because the discretion of the Judge is so…Read more »